Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The distance data that you have here does not correspond to the distance data for which you presented summary statistics above

Comment

something wrong with my data, my model, or the way I run STATA? *_*

Comment

Something wrong with how you created the logs...

Comment

so, the problem with my model?

Comment

No, with the way you transformed the data.

Comment

The formula to change the number to their natural logarithm is ln(number), right? >,<

Comment

That is right. If you want us to help you, you need to show us the do file where you read the data, transform it, and run the regressions.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

The distant variable in your dataset is constant and so is the logarithm of distance (as it should be). It is equal to 9.864766994, and not what you have in your Stata output. You've done something wrong.

Comment

Dear Joao and Eric,
                    Thank you for both of you. I will check my data and re-change it to the log form. I hope this time my way to change the data is right.
                    -Raisa-

Comment

I re-did my data and like both of you said something wrong with my way change the data to the log form. After I re-did it, I get the result not like in my statistic result before. *_* This is my data and after i change it to log form. It is indeed different with the statistic result before. -Raisa-
                      Attached Files

Comment

This looks much better :-)

Joao

Comment

can I still input the distance in my model after OLS regression? lnE=27.85232 + 8.610551lnPOPi + 0.8550523lnGDPi - 0.1475834lnGDPc - 10.40047lnPOPc + 0lnDic + 0.255134ACFTA the equation will be like this right?
                          -Raisa-

Comment

No, you cannot. The Stata output is telling you that the distance variable is omitted (because it is a multiple of the constant). It is not telling you that the coefficient is equal to zero.
                            Another point: João told you above that the RESET was not a test of omitted variables. This is correct. It is Stata that leads you astray by calling the test ovtest and adding that the null hypothesis is "no omitted variables".

Comment

Is the coefficient value for distance is 0 in the result? So, it is not mean that the coefficient equal to 0 in the real? About the RESET test, Joao told me that test for the fitted model that we have.

Comment

The coefficient is zero in the sense that it is omitted, not in the sense that it is estimated to be zero. It would be better just to state that it is omitted because of collinearity.

Comment

Working...
                                X