No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex problem with Stata package lpdf

Dear Statalisters,

I have a problem with the Stata package lpdf, which was published in the Stata Journal.
    Although earlier I was able to install the package, run the examples, and produce the PDF file, using Latex, on a new system I cannot get it to work correctly.
    I did check the Latex installation, which runs fine with other tools and examples, and even a tex file made with lpdf on the other system.

The error message that I get from pdfTeX appears to be correct, i.e. it is: ! Latex Error: Missing \begin{document}.
    When I compare the content of the created tex file by the other system, with the tex file created on my current system that fails to compile to an PDF.
    Indeed the regular sections of lines before the file specific content are missing, like (see also the attached files):

\documentclass[11pt]{report}
    \usepackage[a4paper,portrait,left=2.3cm,right=2.3cm,top=2cm,bo ttom=2cm]{geometry}
    \usepackage{tabularx}
    \usepackage{array}
    \usepackage{graphicx}
    \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
    \usepackage{calc}
    \newlength{\mylength}
    \title{Querim Study 2 - 1st Quarter Recruitment Report}
    \author{Dr. R. Student}
    \date{April 5, 2012}

\begin{document}
    \maketitle
    \parindent0pt
    This interim recruitment report includes the period from the 1st January 2012 to the 31st March 2012. 1013 participants have been recruited during this period. Lagos is not yet recruiting.
    \hspace{\fill}
    \begin{table}[!htbp]
    \centering
    \label{table1}

Now, my gist is that some of the other packages that lpdf requires are missing or not working correctly.
    Or something else causes the omission of the necessary lines in the tex file.
    So I reinstalled texdoc, sjlatex, and listtab, but this does not solve the problem.

Can anyone explain to me what is wrong and what I should do to get lpdf working as it should?

I am much obliged for any kind help offered,
    Eric Melse

[PS for those who might take offence that this post is not about the working of Stata per se, I do apologize beforehand, but I trust it might also be clear that someone possibly can provide help who has experience with using Stata packages to produce tex files and run Latex to compile PDF file from Stata.]
    Attached Files
    http://publicationslist.org/eric.melse

Hello

I have done the hettest and also hausman test in stata, but I have problem in reporting them in latex, How can I generally do them (since they are not estimation from regression)?

this is , forexample, for the hausman test

*Hausman Test, FE vs RE
    quietly xtreg $ylist $xlist, fe
    estimates store fixed
    quietly xtreg $ylist $xlist, re
    estimates store random
    hausman fixed random

thanks

Comment

Working...
    X