Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure of CODE delimiters

Several times, I 've seen text apparently posted between CODE delimiters that does not display as code. For an example, see: post #5 here
    Steve Samuels
    Statistical Consulting
    [email protected]

Stata 14.2

Sometimes other settings, particularly in my experience font settings, can interfere. I find that copy and paste within the forum can mess things up, as the copy and paste carries with it invisible settings; so I copy and paste into and then out of my favourite text editor and the hidden settings usually drop out. I don't understand why, but hey, it works for me.

Comment

Google Chrome gives me an option to paste as plain text, so I always use it.
      -------------------------------------------
      Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
      Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
      WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Thanks, Richard!
        I've just downloaded the "Easy Copy Paste" extension to Chromium. Firefox has the "Copy Plain Text 2" extension that will also copy as plain text. I've now made plain text copying the default in both browsers. A wholesale font change inside CODE delimiters has never happened to me, but I do get some undesired symbol changes; for example, "<" is changed to "&lt;". Maybe plain text copy will fix this too.
        Last edited by Steve Samuels; 26 Mar 2016, 13:19.
        Steve Samuels
        Statistical Consulting
        [email protected]

Stata 14.2

Comment

Working...
        X