Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lclogit and lclogitml help

I have been struggling for a long time now to get the significance statistics for my latent class model using STATA and keep getting the following error:

lclogitml
    sp_choice_d is not a 0/1 variable which equals 1 for the chosen alternative.
    r(450);

I have gone over my data and my variable sp_choice_d is binary and only has 0/1 values. I have formatted my data according to "Practical Issues in Conducting a Discrete Choice Experiment" by Ryan et al. and am running out of ideas for what is causing the error message. I have installed Glamm, I get lclogit output, lclogitpr works fine, but these are all worthless without the lclogitml statistics.

For reference, the following is the lclogit command I am using. I should also point out that I am using a three alternative choice question but tab sp_choice_d shows an even 2/3 distribution between 0 and 1 values (as it should).

lclogit sp_choice_d asc_b asc_c res_ia res_ib er_ia er_ib sMarsh sGrass oyster cost, group(c_id) id(reference_id) nclasses(3) membership(coast_zone tax_OP govt_OP CC_NEGperc ///
    front none female own income age_sum house white yrs_es) seed(1234567890)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I have attached some of my model output for reference (ignore the lclogit model errors, these were just a test and have since been corrected) and a screenshot of my data format:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.16.26 PM.png
Views:	3
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1316484

NOTE: asc_a and asc_b are alternative specific constants. The rest of my variables are not shown.

Attached Files

Did you ever have this issue resolved? If so, do you mind sharing what the resolution was? Thank you!

Comment

Removing choice sets with missing depvars did the trick for me.

Best,
      KS

Comment

Dear all,

I am having a very similar problem. I checked the choice sets, but I have no missing values in the dependent variables. Does anybody solve this in a different way? Thank you very much!

Comment

Try removing any choice set that has all 0's (that is each choice set should have at least one 1).

A

Comment

Dear all
            I thought it would be best to reply to this thread rather than start a new topic. I am having trouble getting the lclogitml command to run.
            I am trying to simply run the command with the train dta (so I know the dataset is correct).
            The lclogit runs alright but the lclogitml gives the following error:

lclogitml, iterate(10)
            -gllamm- is initializing. This process may take a few minutes.
            unknown link() mlogit
            r(198);

I have used both Stata 14 & 15.
            I may be doing something very silly, or I may have downloaded an older version of it?
            Any help is highly appreciated.
            Best wishes
            Christie

Comment

Originally posted by Christina Siettou View Post
              Dear all
              I thought it would be best to reply to this thread rather than start a new topic. I am having trouble getting the lclogitml command to run.
              I am trying to simply run the command with the train dta (so I know the dataset is correct).
              The lclogit runs alright but the lclogitml gives the following error:

lclogitml, iterate(10)
              -gllamm- is initializing. This process may take a few minutes.
              unknown link() mlogit
              r(198);

I have used both Stata 14 & 15.
              I may be doing something very silly, or I may have downloaded an older version of it?
              Any help is highly appreciated.
              Best wishes
              Christie
              Reinstalled gllamm package - must have been a version issue. Problem resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X