No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to predict exchange rates crises using multinomial logistic regression

Hello to everyone,
    I have a question and i need an urgent help!!

I have decided to use a multinomial logit model in order to predict foreign exchange crises. As a dependent variable i have constructed a market pressure index which is influenced by the following variables : real exchange rate (RER), the ratio of money supply (M3) to reserves (M3R), the growth rate of exports (ΔX) and imports (ΔM) and the growth rate of industrial production index (ΔIP). (All data is for Denmark)

The model is similar as the one used by Ghazi Al-Assaf in his papaer of 2017 (which I have attached ).

The question is how to use the multinomial logit model in order to see the impact of the independent variables onto the dependent one (Market Pressure) into the future time. As i know the multinomial logit model sets two outcomes with different probabilities: when Market pressure average plus its standard deviation exceeds Market pressure value than the crisis will happen.
    I would be glad and i would appreciate if you could provide me with some help how to implement an multinomial logistic regression model in STATA.

Best regards to everyone!!
    Attached Files
Working...
X