Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simultaneous equation model

I need to run a simultaneous equation model where one of my dependent variable is continuous and the other dependent variables are endogenous and binary. Following to Heckman's (1978) paper "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System”, I know that when we have only two equations with continuous-dummy variable endogenous case, the command in stata is “cdsimeq”. But now, I have four equations as follow:
    y1it0+ α2 y2it + α3 y3it + α4 y4it +Xit α+Ɛ1it
    y2it0+ β1 y1it + β4 y4it + Zit β +Ɛ2it
    y3it0+ γ1 y1it + γ2 y2it + γ3 y3it +Wit γ +Ɛ3it
    y4it0+ λ 1 y1it + λ 2 y2it + λ 3 y3it +Vit λ +Ɛ4it
    where y1it is continuous and the other dependent variables are endogenous and binary. Also X, Z, W, V are control and explanatory variables.
    I have not found anything for this system of equations in Stata. Can someone please advice?

This is the Mata forum (a matrix programming language in Stata), you might want to post your question in the general forum (http://www.statalist.org/forums/foru...ussion/general), which is checked by significantly more people.

Comment

My cmp program may do what you need. Note that a lot of simultaneous equation models with censored outcomes are actually logically impossible. See discussion in my paper about cmp.

Comment

Working...
      X