X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Tabulation in Stata

Dear All,

I am beginner in stata and excited to do analysis using stata

While doing multi-way cross tabulation I am not able to get out put as attached.

I did in the following way and getting output in different way. Actually I need to get exact tabular form present in the attached file.
    table q05 htype q30r, by(q08 q31b) ---- q05, htype,q30r,q08,q31b are different variables

Kindly find the attached and help me out in this.

Thanks in advance

@ Pradip
    Attached Files

If age is in variable agegrp, sex is in variable sex, and rural/urban is in variable region, then
    Code:
    table agegrp region sex,  sc row col
    should get you the first part of the table.

Comment

Welcome to Statalist! May I suggest several things in order to help maximize your chances of getting good responses to this post and future posts. Subscribe to the forum using your real name (firstname familyname). The reasons for recommending this are given in the FAQ (see top of page), and you can easily get your login name changed by hitting the "Contact Us" button on the blue bar on the bottom right of the page. Second, please don't send MS Word attachments -- many people don't use this software. (Again, see FAQ advice.) Third, it may help to use datasets that come with Stata in order to illustrate your problems (help sysuse) -- that way everyone can experiment and make suggestions.
      With respect to your question: Have you looked at commands like table? See also video help such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzg6AMSt10w. And there are advanced methods via e.g. search frmttable.

Comment

Working...
      X