Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasonality Diff-in-Diff

Does anyone have any intuition as to how to correct for seasonality in a panel data set that I am using to perform a diff-in-diff on? I've attached the original data in its PDF form. I have already put it into stata and reshaped it to be a panel data and adjusted the monthly totals to be per-capita variables.

My equation is.... Background Checks = ALPHA + (BETA_1)*Border + (BETA_2)*EVENT + (BETA3)*EVENT*BORDER
    where BORDER is a dummy variable for whether or not the variable is from the treatment or control group, EVENT is whether or not the it is from before or after the event in question has occurred, and EVENT*BORDER is the interaction term.

Would adjusting for seasonality issues affect my formula at all? If you would like to see my dataset in particular my email is [email protected]

The more specific the description as to how to adjust for seasonality the better-- I'm a bit of a newbie with Stata.

Thanks for your help

--Miles

Here's the pdf of the dataset!

Comment

I don't find any attachment to your post. I think a better way to show us your data would be to -list- a representative sample of the output and post that in a code block instead.

Comment

Working...
      X