No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outreg

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to limit my confidence intervals to 2 decimal places when i use outreg. From everything I see it looks like to do this i need to include the cdec option (as below) but when i do this i still ALWAYS get 3 decimal places in my word document afterwards.

outreg2 using diff_in_diff_EE_10_19_14_cluster2.doc, bdec(2) ci cdec(2) nolabel alpha(0.001, 0.01, 0.05) append

Anyone know why? or what I can do?

thanks!

hannah

If you are talking about outreg2, then there should be no issue with getting two decimal place, see example below
    Code:
    sysuse auto
    reg  price weight
    outreg2 using a.doc, replace dec(2)
    Regards
    --------------------------------------------------
    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
    Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
    FinTechProfessor.com
    https://asdocx.com
    Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
    For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Prof. Shah - I'm not sure why I had never found that when I searched but that works! Thank you so much!

Comment

It's important not to confuse different programs with similar names. outreg != outreg2

Post #8 in http://www.statalist.org/forums/foru...gramming-names says more

Hannah: Please register with your full real name. FAQ Advice Section 6 explains why and how.

Comment

Nick - thanks for that clarification and my apologies. Also - I'm not sure how to change my user name. I can get to my profile but then can't seem to change it. Happy to make changes and I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Comment

As Nick mentions, the information on how to change your user name is contained in section 6 of the FAQ (the link to which is at the top of the page).
            The FAQ contains a lot of good advice on how to ask questions in a way that helps the forum members help you. Reading it in its entirety is well worth the effort.

Comment

Thanks for your willingness to change. Many others have seemingly found this confusing, but here we are:

FAQ Advice Section 6

6. Real names preferred

You are asked to post on Statalist using your full real name. Giving full names is one of the ways in which we show respect for others. This is not compulsory, but we strongly believe that it is a good idea. Your chances of getting a good reply will be diminished if you post anonymously.
              If you overlook this on first registration, it is easy to fix. Click on “Contact us” located at the bottom right-hand corner of every page.
              and your message will be passed to the system administrators. In practice, they seem to post a fix within one working day (allow for Texas times if you are in a quite different time zone).

Incidentally, a tweak to that FAQ is in process.

Comment

Working...
              X