Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unrecognized command: regress r(199);

Whenever I try to run a regression I get this error message "unrecognized command: regress r(199);"

I was able to run a regression yesterday but I can't today no matter what I try.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

This isn't a reproducible problem. Very likely something else is the problem, so show us exactly what you typed, preferably with a standard dataset such as the auto data.

Comment

Assuming you typed your command correctly, one possibility is that Stata doesn't know where to find the regress command. Type sysdir to see where it thinks it should be and then check in that location to see if regress.ado is really there.

Comment

Joe, I think you maybe right. I attached a screenshot of what I am doing. It doesn't work even when I use the tool bar.

I was deleting files in my computer last night and I deleted a bunch of Stata files with the name regression in them because I didn't need them anymore. I think I deleted regress.ado!

Anyway to get it back?

Thanks!

Comment

I recommend reinstalling Stata (and never deleting any StataCorp files ever).

Comment

Perhaps you are in Mata? Maybe you could try if it works again after typing end.

Comment

@Martin Pott: No; the screenshot provided shows that the OP is not in Mata; the error message would have been different in any case.

Comment

Working...
              X