Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference- in - Difference of Regression Discontinuity Design ?

Hello
    I have data for researchers' publication activity before and after an "incentive based research funding system" was introduced. I have data both at the individual level and department level.
    My goal here is to evaluate the effect of the Incentive based funding system on researchers' publishing behavior.
    I could use Difference -in- Difference if I had a control group, but I dont ( I have data for treatment group both before and after the "treatment")
    Can I use regression discontinuity design here?

Please help
    Thanks

For regression discontinuity you need a continuous "score" variable that determined who got the treatment. The score variable preferably has a clear cutoff that determines assignment. If there is no clear cutoff, you may still be able to use it as an instrumental variable for what's known as a "fuzzy" regression discontinuity.

For example, if a college accepted all students who received a score of 2000 or higher on their SAT and nobody else, you could use SAT scores as the score variable. What's important is that the score variable is continuous and that it alone determines assignment to the treatment group (after controlling for all other factors that determine assignment).

Comment

Thank you Kris

Comment

Working...
      X