Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summarizing elapsed time in minutes

Hi Community, I am looking to summarize elapsed time in minutes.
    I currently have my time variable "tvar" in the Type: Double and Format: %tc_HH:MM thus appearing as (12:55, 14:02 etc...) in the form of hours
    The elapsed time does not exceed 24hrs, and so I understand I can just consider all these times starting from Jan 1 1960 because the actual date is arbitrary.

How can I perform a summary test on this and still received the output as MM? When I perform the summary test now, it is outputting in milliseconds
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1381619

Any help would be appreciated. I believe this is a simple task, but have wracked my brains over it.
    Thanks,
    James

Welcome to Statalist, James.

I am not sure what you mean by a "summary test". If you are showing us the output of the summarize command, then the format option discussed in help summarize would seem to offer the assistance you need.

For future posts, please review the Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of the page, as well as from the Advice on Posting link on the page you used to create your post. Note especially sections 9-12 on how to best pose your question. The more you help others understand your problem, the more likely others are to be able to help you solve your problem.

Section 12.1 is particularly pertinent

12.1 What to say about your commands and your problem

Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response. N.B. exactly!
    We can't tell you precisely what you did wrong if you haven't told us precisely what you did. It's particularly helpful to copy commands and output from your Stata Results window and paste them into your Statalist post using CODE delimiters, as described in section 12 of the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
    X