No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comma errors when copying tables from Stata to Excel

Hi,

A have a very simple doubt that I could not resolve through FAQ: I am trying to copy some resulting tables from Stata to Excel. In the beginning this worked perfectly, but lately I have been experiencing comma errors when "chosing copy table" and pasting in Excel. I have tried to copy normally and use the "text to columns" function in Excel, but the problem persists.

What might be causing this? Does anyone have an easy and reliable method of exporting Stata results to Excel?

Regards,
    Oskar

Does anyone have an easy and reliable method of exporting Stata results to Excel?

I recommend you try the - putexcel - command.
    Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

For limited amounts of data, or the output of commands, the -putexcel- command, as recommended by Marcos is your best bet. If you are trying to send an entire data set (or some subset of its observations and variables) to Excel, you should use the -export excel- command.

You should not be doing manual copy and paste into Excel regardless. It leaves no audit trail and it is far too easy to get it wrong (and not even realize it). Manual copy/paste has essentially no place in professional data management. (There are some data configuration possible in Excel files that are so complicated, and basically misguided, that the only feasible approach to bringing them into Stata is with a series of copy/paste operations--but those are, fortunately, uncommon. That should only be done in these desperate situations.)

Comment

Working...
      X