No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send selected do file editor- opens new do file

Dear Statalist

I am using STATA 14. While working on it, I am also creating a do file. After generating the command on STATA, I go to its REVIEW panel (on left side of program) and right click on the desired command to send it to my working 'do file'. When I select option "send selected do file editor", it goes to new' do file' rather than pasting on already saved 'do file'. How to solve this issue?

Hello Kaleem,

It is correct and it happens the same way in my PC, whose system is Windows 10. I don't know how it happens in a Mac.

That said, what I usually do to curb this issue is: either I open a new do-file, name it, and then start copying and pasting the selected commands from the Command Window, or I start by copying and pasting "at once" the selected commands from the Command Windows, then I type "send" to the do-file editor, and finally I save it with a new name.

Hope that helps.
    Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Originally posted by Marcos Almeida View Post
      Hello Kaleem,

It is correct and it happens the same way in my PC, whose system is Windows 10. I don't know how it happens in a Mac.

That said, what I usually do to curb this issue is: either I open a new do-file, name it, and then start copying and pasting the selected commands from the Command Window, or I start by copying and pasting "at once" the selected commands from the Command Windows, then I type "send" to the do-file editor, and finally I save it with a new name.

Hope that helps.
      Thank you dear Marcos, It is the same with Mac, and I think i have to adopt your way to make a do file.

Comment

Working...
      X