No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running a loop for regressions/ vecm

Hi,

I have a weekly panel data (price of a good) for 20 different regions. I wanted to write a loop to do an error correction model on each sets of 2 regions. For example region 1 with all the other 19 regions and then region 2 with all the remaining 18 regions.

Can someone help me on the programming? how do I define to make sure the loop goes through each variable (region)?

Thank you,

Orchlon
    Last edited by Orchlon Lk; 16 Feb 2017, 07:31.

You didn't get a quick answer. This usually means a problem in how you asked the question. You should look at the FAQ on asking questions - providing Stata code (using code delimiters), Stata output, and sufficient data to run the code (using dataex) would help a lot. We don't need 20 regions - the problem can be illustrated in fewer. You should also clearly explain any terms that all of the readers may not understand. For example, you assume we know exactly what you mean by an error correction model and how you want to estimate it.

Without more information on exactly what you want to do and your data structure, it would be hard to help you.

I must admit, your question sounds like you've been asked to do this for a class and instead of trying hard to solve the problem have just asked us to do your work for you. If this is not the case, I apologize. If it is the case, then we're not here to do your homework for you.

Comment

Working...
    X