No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on posting p values in Results.dta

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to make some logistic regressions comparing a set of dichotomic (1 and 0) variables through a loop, retrieving the names of those variables as well as betas and p values. I want the latter to use in forthcoming analysis so I'm posting them to a .dta file. The code seems to work fine, except that it doesn't retrieve correctly the p values, posting a "." instead.
    I believe the error is due to the fact that some of the regressions don't seem to actually have betas and p values (the regression table looks empty for those).
    I'm relatively new to stata so any help on fixing this would be really appreciated.

Sample code here:
    Code:
    clear
    postutil clear
    tempname File
    use "C:\Users\User_1\Desktop\Database.dta"
    postfile `File' str10 V_IND str10 V_DEP Beta PValue using C:\Users\User_1\Desktop\Results.dta, replace
    local VARS "var1 var2 ... var41" //Here, instead of the "..." I wrote the full 41 variables
    local NUM : word count `VARS'
    forval i=1/`NUM'{
        local iv `: word `i' of `VARS''
        local z = `i'+1
        forval j=`z'/`NUM'{
            local dv `: word `j' of `VARS''
            logistic `iv' `dv'
            local t = _b[`dv']/_se[`dv']
            post `File' (`"`iv'"') (`"`dv'"') (_b[`dv']) (2*ttail(e(df_r),abs(`t')))
    }
    }
    postclose `File'
    clear
    use C:\Users\User_1\Desktop\Results.dta

Thanks in advance!

-logistic- does not calculate a t-statistic, it calculates a z-statistic. So there is no such thing as e(df_r) following -logistic-. That's why your expression always comes out missing value. So make it:

Code:
    local z = _b[`dv']/_se[`dv']
    post `File' /*etc.*/ (2*normal(-abs(`z')))

Comment

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X