No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heckprob datatset set-up - error message r(2000) no observation

Dear Members,

I am trying to run heckprob model but receive ‘no observations’ error message r(2000);

Could I please ask for your advice whether I have set up my specification correctly? It is my first time running heckrprob so I am worried whether I set up my dataset in the correct way?

My DV ‘achieved’ refers to the success of a project performance (1 – achieved, 0 otherwise) and my explanatory variables and controls include a mixed of variables which could determine project performance (e.g. region, sector, size of the project, project length and so on).

In my selection equation I have similar explanatory variables but few new ones like project status dummies, life cycle stage dummies etc.

My selection variable (i.e. pselect2) is set as (1 – project selected, 0 – project not selected)

I am not sure what to do with the missing values for the corresponding equations (selection vs outcome) as I understood that I should not replace them with zeros etc as heckprob takes care of that. Also, I have some ‘real’ missing values inside each of the sub-sample and wondering if they could be stopping my regressions?

I am attaching the summary mdesc table with missing values indication as well as high level overview of the variables I am including in my specification

Here is my model: heckprob achieved reg_CA reg_EEC reg_RUS reg_SEE reg_SEM reg_TUR sec_fi sec_ica sec_infra ins_D ln_size_agg ln_total ratios ln3_length ln_effect implement fm_SA ln_prep cofin_N synd_N disburs_ratio ln_disburs_cum ln_disburs_no exit_year ln_pl_c noi_c npc_c spc_c ln3_pd_start ln3_pd_exit own_priv sover_N sme_flag ln2_avg_GDP avg_CPI ln_avg_INF fh_2003_F fh_2003_NF fh_2015_F fh_2015_NF trans_yrs avg_POP avg_STAB avg_CORR avg_BURE, select (pselect2 = reg_CA reg_EEC reg_RUS reg_SEE reg_SEM reg_TUR ln_size_agg exp_date status_d life_ba life_cr life_ex life_fr stat_can sec_fi sec_ica sec_infra ins_D sovert_dir sovert_gur sec_nv sec_s ln3_pd_start ln_pl_c noi_c npc_c spc_c exp_y ln2_avg_GDP avg_CPI ln_avg_INF fh_2003_F fh_2003_NF fh_2015_F fh_2015_NF trans_yrs avg_POP avg_STAB avg_CORR avg_BURE )

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Natalie
    Attached Files
Working...
X