No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linear mixed model with more than two dependent variables

Hi.
    I tried to search an answer in previous posts but i didn't find anything.. anyway i apologize if i'd sound repetitive!

I have a database with 30 observations (patients), each of them evaluated with various (about 10) clinical evaluation scale, repeated at three time points (before, after treatment and after a period of follow up - first and second time point are fully filled, at third there are some missing values).
    I divided patients into three different groups and i want to test if there are differences within and between three groups at second and third time point.

Searching into stata manual and on statalist i found many information about using xtmixed with one dependent variables and interactions between independent ones and time-points but..
    if i have more than one dependent (in my database, multiple scores of evaluation scale - continuous and not -) i must run a mixed model for each one or is there a command to perform a single analysis?

Thank you

Emanuele

Emanuele:
    welcome to the list.
    As far as i now, you should perform different regression model for each dependent variable.
    But I would take a step aside, first: due to your limited sample size (30 obs), I would not expect to obtain that much out of your data, regardless the regression approach you have in mind.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Hello Emanuele,

Carlo gave excellent advice.

I just wish to add that, since your sample size is quite small (as Carlo pointed out); what is more, you wish to divide the sample into 3 groups; moreover, you have missing data related to the main endpoint (the last phase of the repeated measures); last not least, you wish to perform multiple comparisons, hence incurring (potentially) in familywise error, I wonder whether you shouldn't think about "putting to a test" a Bayesian model.
      Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Thank you for your advices.

So i have more than an issue in my analysis. Carlo, how would you treat my data?
        Maybe i could limit to analyze only first two time points? Excluding the third, linear mixed model would be still adequate ?

Comment

Emanuele:
          Marcos pointed out some other interesting issues concerning your dataset.
          With such a limited sample size, provided that cannot be increased, there's probably little room for any inference.
          Anyway, you may want to take a look at -sureg-.
          Kind regards,
          Carlo
          (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
          X