Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash when closing Do-file Editor on Stata for Mac after upgrading to macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Apple recently released the macOS Sierra 10.12.2 update. This update can cause Stata to crash when the Do-file Editor is closed. This affects both Stata 13 and Stata 14 for Mac. We will be releasing updates soon for both Stata 13 and Stata 14 to address the crash. We suggest that users not upgrade to macOS Sierra 10.12.2 until the updates to Stata for Mac have been released.
    -Chinh Nguyen

From "What's New" for the 19 December 2016 update:
    9. (Mac) macOS Sierra 10.12.2 introduced a change that caused Stata's Do-file Editor to crash. This has been fixed.

Comment

I am running Stata 13 on macOS 10.12.3 and I am encountering a similar problem. When I open a do-file, select all and shift+cmd+D (to run the code) Stata crashes.

Is this a know issue?

Comment

This is not a known issue and we're not able to reproduce the problem here. Please contact technical support and provide crash logs.
        -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

I am experiencing a similar problem that Josep describes. I am running STATA on a Macbook Pro (Sierra). When I close a do-file, STATA crashes

Comment

Working...
          X