No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate Regression Models For Adoption decision-making

Hello,
    I am trying to estimate how different forms household decision-making type (categorical): either by husband, wife or joint influences (or is associated) with the adoption of CSA (agricultural) practices. That is, I would want to know how each decision-making type may influence the likelihood of adoption of particular CSA practices
    THE QUESTION I WANT TO ANSWER IS: How does intra-household decision-making influence the adoption of CSA practice?
    NB: SAMPLE DATA AVAILABLE (
    used dataex)

The following below provides details on the survey and also to help you get me suggestions on how to achieve my objective:

1. Respondents (Husband and wife) were asked separately if they had adopted particular CSA practices (i.e. members of the household can adopt more than one CSA practice)

2. If in a household (respondent said YES) S/he is asked who (for both singular and plural) made the decision to adopt that particular practice. The various responses are categorical (1= husband alone, 2= wife alone, 3= Joint, 4= others)

3. Non-adopters were not asked about any decision-making (i.e. there are no responses to who made the decisions not to adopt when respondents report non-adoption), hence, in the decision-making variable, non-adopters responses are coded 0 (indicating no decision made)

4. I have used logit and probit model treating the decision-making variable (either decision were made by Husband alone, Wife alone, Joint or other family members) as categorical predictor against the adoption of each specific practice (Outcome)

5. However, my decision-making variable is always omitted and dropped, hence I cannot estimate the likelihood that either sole decisions/ joint diction-making explains the adoption of particular practices
    Last edited by Kodwo Mensah; 11 Oct 2016, 04:30.

The problem is that your data design does not give you the information you need to answer your question. You simply don't know what the decision process is for those who did not adopt the CSA practice, so there is no way you can compare that to the decision process of those who did adopt the practice. Your data simply are incapable of addressing this question no matter what analysis you try. Back to the drawing boards, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
    X