No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upload a program on SSC ?

Dear Stata programmers,
    I have developed some programs (for my own research purposes initially), that I'd like to share on SSC.
    What's the procedure to follow?

A short description of my programs which all deal with computing network analysis indexes :

- nwANND: to compute ANND (average nearest neighbor degree); ANNS (average nearest neighbor strength) or WANND (weighted average nearest neighbor degree); as used in this paper

-nwreciprocity: computes the reciprocity index of the network as detailed in Squartini, T., Picciolo, F., Ruzzenenti, F., and Garlaschelli, D. Reciprocity of weighted networks. Scientific reports, 3, 2013

-nwdisparity: computes an index of disparity of a node's strength over its various edges. (Barthélemy, Barrat, Pastor-Satorras and Vespignani, Characterization and modeling of weighted networks, Physica A, Volume 346, 2005)

And some others should follow.

Best,
    Charlie

PS : the names could be changed, but I used nw prefix to refer to network analysis as did Thomas Grund for its own package (nwcommands, which is unfortunately not on SSC).

See http://repec.org/bocode/s/sscsubmit.html

Comment

Thanks Nick! I'll try to clean up my codes and then submit them.

Best,
      Charlie

Comment

Just a word of warning.

You might think now, ah, I'll just make some small changes and write a short help file and I'll be done. But often, weeks later you find yourself still working on it, adding options and error checks left and right.

Comment

Thanks for the warning Jesse, you're right.

However I've been using these programs without changes for the last 4 or 5 months.
          When I talk about cleaning up, is about removing intermediate steps that I wrote during the building of the programs (or run them quietly). Sure I'll double check if they still running afterward, but I've not planned to "improve" them in the coming weeks.

But I'll keep your advice in mind, for future programs.
          Charlie

Comment

Working...
          X