Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a horizontal line to a graph bar

Would anyone know how to add a horizontal line to a graph bar? My y-axis is a % and I would like to add a horizontal line at 15%.
    My graph bar command without the horizontal line I would like to add is as follow:

Code:
    graph bar (mean) d_pc, over(diasem) ytitle("") subtitle("% de Partos Cesáreos por Dia da Semana: 2006-2013")

Just add an extra option

Code:
    yline(15)
    This is documented: in the help for graph bar, click on axis_options.

Comment

Thank you, Nick.

I did not find an option to bring the horizontal line to the front. The default is the horizontal in the back of the bars. Would you know how to change that?

Comment

That sounds like a feature to me. To get other behaviour, I think you would need to recast using twoway as in this case:

Code:
        sysuse auto, clear

graph bar (mean) mpg, over(rep78) yli(23)

collapse mpg, by(rep78)

twoway bar mpg rep78, base(0) barw(0.6) || function y = 23, ra(0.7 5.3) ///
        yla(0(5)40) legend(off) ytitle(Mean miles per gallon) xtitle(`: var label rep78')

Comment

How do i shade an area to the right after drawing an.... xline(20, lwidth(3)).... please advise

Comment

How can i do a shading like what i have attached in stata!!! any help please ...
            Attached Files

Comment

#6 is poorly placed, as the question has nothing to do with the title thread. But see these suggestions thrown up by typing in Stata.

Code:
              search shading

Blog . . . . . . . . . . . . Adding recession shading to time-series graphs
              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D. Schenck
              2/20 http://blog.stata.com/2020/02/13/add...ssion-shading-
              to-time-series-graphs/

SJ-16-3 gr0067 . Speaking Stata: Shading zones on time series and other plots
              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . N. J. Cox
              Q3/16 SJ 16(3):805--812 (no commands)
              discusses background shading of time series and other plots

Comment

Working...
              X