Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r(603) error: can save file (help!)

Hi there, thanks for reading. This is my first post. I am experiencing an issue whereby I get a error when trying to save and replace a file. The error code is "r(603)" and the messages is "file FILEPATH/FILENAME.dta could not be opened". I have Google this error and can't seem to find my context with it. I read advice about checking file permissions for the working folder. I have read and write permission for the the folder in question and it's parent folder.

I had run the do-file in question many times on Stata 14 since I upgraded. I don't think its an update as I am able to save and replace a Stata file I created on my desktop.

Here are relevant details of my software: I'm running Mac OS X 1.11.1 with Stata 14.1. Another relevant piece of information is that my data files are stored in a shared Dropbox folder with my colleagues. My colleagues are however able to run the same do-file and successfully save and replace the file while I cannot. I can also run Stata do-files that save and replace within the parent folder, just not these subfolders.

Any advice? Thanks.

It's important that you show us the exact command you typed and can verify independently that the file exists (e.g. use a Stata command dir or ls to show the file in its context).

No matter how many times you think you have done this before, this kind of problem often turns out to be a simple typo or a failure to use " " around filenames with spaces.

See also http://www.statalist.org/forums/help#stata which has much the same advice.

Comment

I had the same problem. My issue was, that the specified path was invalid. After changing the name of the path (ASCII letters only) I could save the file (graph) without any problems.
      Last edited by Lukas Warode; 20 Jul 2019, 07:56.

Comment

Working...
      X