No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta coefficients of marginal effects

Hello,

I am writing my master thesis and one of the main regression I perform is a probit. In order to compare the effect of different variables I want to show the different beta coefficients, but not of the coefficients I obtain running the probit command but the beta coefficients of the marginal effects.

Due to a selection problem in my framework I can not use the command "dprobit"in order to estimate the marginal effects.Instead I use the command "margins dx/dy"after having used the command "heckprobit"

Do you know how I can obtain the beta coefficients? Do I just need to multiply the coefficients I get from the command "margins" by σjy (j being the variable of the coefficient and y the dependent variable)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Marco

Hi marco, can you give us an output of the results you get? I use logits and margins all the time...I might be able to help you...in order to obtain the real effect you would have to multiply the marginal effects by the standard deviation (obtained through a simple summarize..)..

Comment

Cross-posted at CV. Please read the FAQ on the cross-posting policy here.

Comment

Working...
      X