Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spatial analysis - spgrid error - "block should be at least 1"

I am trying to conduct spatial point pattern analyses in Stata, and am receiving an error while trying to use the command: spgrid in Stata SE v12.
    The error reads: "block should be at least 1" r(498)

Here is my code - the error appears when I run the spgrid command:

shp2dta using StudyAreaBoundaryPolygon, database(studyarea) coordinates(coords) replace

use coords.dta, clear
    gen id = _n
    spmap using coords.dta, id(id) fcolor(eggshell) split
    save coords, replace

spgrid using coords.dta, resolution(w500) dots compress unit(meters) cells("cells.dta") ///
    points("points.dta") mapid(spgrid_mapid) replace

I can't figure out what is wrong… the spmap command correctly draws my study area boundary (which actually consists of 3 polygons) and when I try to use spgrid to generate a two-dimensional grid, the error appears.

The dataset "coords.dta" contains 4 variables, 1 is basically _n, then there are X and Y coordinates, and the final variable indicates which polygon the coordinates belong to (1, 2, or 3).

Any ideas?

I'd like to continue on and use 'spkde' after I create the grid, but am stuck at this step with this error.

Appreciate any help or ideas…
    ~Karen

Last edited by Karen H; 29 Aug 2015, 19:26.

My problem was with the "resolution" option… I specified it in meters, but my coordinates were in lat/long. Problem resolved.

Comment

Hi Karen,
      You're working with spatial econometrics, right?
      Actually, you know give me some idea about how to import weight matrix with format .gwt in STATA?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Karen, what code did you replaced with, can you elaborate a bit more?

Comment

Hi Karen and other members,

I have the same problem. Stata displays the following message

-> Setting up full grid...
          block should be at least 1

I think that I have coordinates in my data (it shows for _X _Y the following -82.028211 9.1304977). I Would appreciate if you could explain us, how you solve it?

Thanks

Comment

Hello everybody. I have had the same problem and I could solve it. Just remove "unit" and "resolution" options and use xdim or ydim. Example:

spgrid using "coords.dta", xdim(100) ///
            cells("Cells.dta") ///
            points("Points.dta") replace ///
            dots compress

Comment

Working...
            X