Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stata not drawing graphs

Hi, I have time series data and am trying to draw a graph of each series. But the graphs show up with the axes but no lines. I have drawn such graphs successfully beforeAnybody know what's going on?

I have tsset my data.

Codes I have tried:
    . tsline myvariable
    And:
    . graph twoway line myvariable dates
    . graph display graph

Also:
    . twoway (tsline myvariable)

Thanks,
    Nilanjana

Can you share an excerpt from your data so that others can try to reproduce your problem? See section 12 in the Statalist FAQ.

Comment

Thanks, Friedrich. I am using Stata 12.1. I have attached a file with three series from my file and also 'dates'. The data are quarterly. These are just few of the series I can't draw graphs of . Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

Comment

In the dataset you posted, the variable dates is always missing. So, no useful graph is possible with that variable.

Also,

Code:
        tsset dates
        is legal but not useful given that. You should have received warning messages when you tsset your data.
        Last edited by Nick Cox; 12 May 2015, 10:42.

Comment

Thanks. That was the problem (although I did not get any error message).
          Nilanjana

Comment

Your command was legal so far as Stata is concerned. It did nothing useful as far as you are concerned. That's a big difference.

I can do any number of silly things that are legal, such as

Code:

count if 2 == 3
            More to the point, it's not an error to get a graph with no data and very occasionally that might even be useful (as a backdrop to other graphs).

Comment

Working...
            X