Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get the number of groups used in the estimation of a clogit - model?

Dear statalist-users,

BACKGROUND:
    I am analyzing a longitudinal panel of persons in a fixed effect framework (FE) that needs to be pweighted. I am fitting five series of models (e.g. differing time-points, because of availability of control variables) with four different dependent variables each. Three of the dependent variables are continious (for those I use <xtreg>) and one is binary.
    For the binary dependent variable I am using <clogit> because <xtlogit> does not allow pweights, while clogit does. For my final results table, I would like to give for each model the number of observations (person*year) and the number of groups (persons), like given in the xt-estimation results. I want to do this, because they differ depending on the control variables included and item-nonresponse with those controls.

MY PROBLEM:
    As far as I was able to find out, clogit only returns
    e(N) = no. of obs., in my case person*year
    e(N_drop) = no. of observations that were dropped, because of all pos./neg. outcome
    e(N_group_drop) = the no. of groups (in my case persons) that were dropped because of all pos./neg. outcome

I do not think that I can infer from the number of people in my panel minus e(N_group_drop) how many people were used in the specific estimation (because of item-nonresponse and differentially specificated models). That is why I would like to know, if anyone can think of a reliable, and maybe even convenient, way of finding "N_group"?

///Please apologise, if this is straightforward! I only do my second analysis with stata...

Best regards
    Vanita Matta
Working...
X