Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hausman test : the rank of the differenced variance matrix does not equal the number of coefficients being tested (28)

Dear Stata Users:

I am facing a problem on running the hausman test, I am getting the message "Note: the rank of the differenced variance matrix (26) does not equal the number of coefficients being tested (28)..." How to troubleshoot the problem? Also, below the Prob>chi, there's a message that says " (V_b-V_B is not positive definite)". I am doing a panel regression on the effects of grants and loans on revenue collections. Please see the attached output for details.

Attached Files

Guest:
    welcome to the list (as per FAQ, please note the preference on this forum for full names and surnames. Just click on the Contact us button at the bottom-right of the screen page and re-register accordingly. Thanks):
    As your first post was successful, I would recommend you to post any other threads on the general forum.
    As far as you query is concerned, you may find this recent thread on (almost) the same topic useful: http://www.statalist.org/forums/foru...d-with-haumsna.
    Eventually, please consider that listers usually shy away from opening non-Stata format files, because of the risk of dowloading nasty macros or dangerous active contents.
    Hence, it is recommended to upload files in Stata formats only and, even better, post what you typed and what Stata gave you back via Code delimiters (# icon), which are included among the options of the Advanced editor toggle (A icon),
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Many thanks for the information Carlo! Ok, will do. Best, Guest

Comment

Working...
      X