Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Attachment

According to this, I can do this: [attach]mpg.txt[/attach].

So, here goes:

[attach]mpg.txt[/attach]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joseph Coveney; 17 Apr 2014, 21:17.

[attach] ... [/attach] is a special BBcode. What goes inside the tag is not the name of a file on your computer. Nor is it necessarily the name of a file that you upload to the forum. Rather, it is the sequence number of a particular attachment you have uploaded.

I am uploading an attachment named 'junk.txt'. After I do that, I am clicking on 'Insert' above it. That shows me the BBcode [ATTACH]n1861[/ATTACH], where the n1861 is the sequence number of that particular attachment. Although 'attach' is a BBcode, it isn't really intended to be used by hand, as it is almost impossible to do so.

junk.txt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alan Riley (StataCorp); 18 Apr 2014, 10:44.

Comment

Alan, got it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Riley (StataCorp) View Post
        .... Although 'attach' is a BBcode, it isn't really intended to be used by hand, as it is almost impossible to do so...
        But attach allows reusing the attachments that are already posted on the forum, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergiy Radyakin View Post

But attach allows reusing the attachments that are already posted on the forum, right?
          If you know the right magic attachment number to put in the 'attach' BBcode, yes.

Comment

Attempt to reuse Kevin Crow's attachment:
            [attach]n2275[/attach]
            End of message

Comment

I'm bringing this up again, because the process Alan describes is not working for me. Here's the result of an attempt to insert "svylogitgof2.ado". The code inside the [ATTACH][/ATTACH] tags is "temp_1017_1414423192621_102"

Attached Files
              Last edited by Steve Samuels; 27 Oct 2014, 09:23.
              Steve Samuels
              Statistical Consulting
              [email protected]

Stata 14.2

Comment

Bumped to allow Mark This Forum as Read pending the administrator's installation of the forum software fix.

Comment

test

Comment

Working...
                  X