Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When editing is disabled in Statalist?

I still haven't understood the editing rule in this forum.
    I first though previous posts can no longer be edited when a new message is posted in the thread, but I've then noticed that this is not a general rule.
    Sometimes I still can edit a post which is not the last one the thread, sometimes I can't even edit the last one...

Anyone to explain me the real editing rules?

Best,
    Charlie

Charlie,

The forum software previously had an adjustable setting in which we allowed a thirty minute window to edit or delete a post, whether or not a follow-up post had been made. I just checked the forum's settings and found there is now a 5 minute window on editing the TOPIC, but the setting to view/adjust the edit timeout for a post has magically disappeared. I also checked the database backend and there does not appear to be a control there either.

We do have an update to the forum software in the pipeline and I hope to see that setting returned.

-Pete
    Last edited by sladmin; 22 Nov 2016, 08:26. Reason: clarity

Comment

Thank you Pete for this explanation, it makes more sense now (except the magical disappearance of the edit setting, but that's part of the game of developing a software isn't it?)

Charlie

Comment

Dear Friends,
        Now i am doing a Hausman specification test, testing the difference between Fixed effect model and GLS random effect model for the possible endogenity of the regressors. In some cases i getting zero Chi-square value even negative value. (This is because the variance-covariance matrix of the differences of the coefficients is not positive definite) How can I interpret it? In the case of negative chi-square values, can i accept the null hypothesis? Any suggestions and comments are most welcome.
        Thanking you in advance, Labanya Pal

Comment

Labanya Pal This is absolutely not the place to start such a new topic.
          Please consider in posting in general forum.

Best,
          Charlie

Comment

Working...
          X