No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chi2 test

Hi
    I am new to stata and I am using stata 12. In one of my projects I am trying to compute a chi2 test across treatments over religion.. For that I have encoded the variable religion and have also created dummy for the treatment. I have 4 treatments altogether. Basically I am trying to perform a chi2 test on the proportion of hindu in treatment 0 and treatment 1 and then again treatment 0 and treatment 2 and so in. So the dummy that I created takes 0 for treament 0 and 1 for treatment1 , then again 1 for treatment 2 and so forth. So there are three dummy variables t1,t2,t3. In t1 values for treament 0 is o and treatment 1 is 1 and rest are missing values. same is for t2 and t3. Now to compute the chi2 test I am using the command
    tabulate religion t1 if religion==2, chi2 (please note religion takes value 2 for hindu)
    With this command stata is only tabulating the number of hindus in treatment0 and treatment 1 but it is not producing p value. Can anyone please help me with this problem?
    Last edited by Susnata Ganguly; 14 May 2016, 22:31.
Working...
X