Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixlogit of discrete choice experiment with multiple choice sets

Hi! I implemented a discrete choice experiment to model cassava planting material alternative choice. In my questionnaire, I presented each respondents with 16 choice experiments or choice sets with each choice set having 2 alternatives or choices with an opt-out option. The explanatory variables are the attributes (11 in total) of cassava planting material with varying attribute levels that have randomly fitted between 2 alternative. With this, I am fitting a conditional logit model. In my data set, some explanatory variables are represent by dummy variables while others were categorical variables with up-to 3 categories.
    Since each choice experiment has 2 alternative options and an opt-out option, each choice set has 11 rows and each respondent was presented with 16 choice sets.
    (The sample of the original attribute and sample data is show below) Attributes of the cassava planting material
    Cassava stem attributes Alternative A Alternative B Alternative C
    Yield Low (<20 Tons/Ha) Moderate (20-30 Tons/Ha) High (>30 Tons/Ha)
    Disease tolerance Susceptible Tolerant
    Raw taste Bitter Sweet
    Cooked taste Bitter Sweet
    Mealiness Hard Mealy Watery
    Maturity Late (>18 months) Intermediate (13-18 months) Early (6-12 months)
    Seed availability Scarce Available Plenty
    In soil longevity Short term (Up to 1 year) Long term (Above 1 year)
    Shelf-life of stakes Low shelf-life High shelf-life
    Suitability in crop systems Suitable Not suitable
    Price 10,000 27,000 40,000
    Which one would you choose?
    1. Yes 0. No
    1. Yes 0. No 1. Yes 0. No
    Choice set
    Attribute Alternative 1 Alternative 2 Alternative 3
    Yield Low (<20 tons/ha) Low (<20 tons/ha) Opt out
    Disease tolerance Susceptible Susceptible
    Raw taste Bitter Bitter
    Cooked taste Sweet Sweet
    Mealiness Mealy Mealy
    Maturity Late (>18 months) Intermediate (13-18 months)
    Seed availability Available Plenty
    In soil longevity Short term (Up to 1 year) Short term (Up to 1 year)
    Self-life of stakes Short term Short term
    Suitability in crop system Suitable Suitable
    Price 10000 27000
    Question: Which alternative do you prefer? 1. Yes 0. No 1. Yes 0. No
    Sample data
    Pid Choice_Set Choice_Response Yield Disease_tolerance Rawtaste Cookedtaste Mealiness Maturity Seed_availabity Insoil_longevity Shelflife_stakes Suitability_crop sys Price (UgX)
    1 1 1 Moderate (20-30 t/ha) Tolerant Sweet Sweet Mealy Late (>18 months) Plenty Long-term (above 1 year) High Not suitable 27,000
    1 1 0 Moderate (20-30 t/ha) Tolerant Sweet Sweet Hard Intermediate (13-18 months) Scarce Long-term (above 1 year) High Suitable 27,000
    1 2 0 High (>30 t/ha) Susceptible Bitter Sweet Watery Late (>18 months) Plenty Short-term (Up-to 1 year) Low Suitable 10,000
    1 2 1 High (>30 t/ha) Tolerant Bitter Sweet Watery Late (>18 months) Plenty Short-term (Up-to 1 year) High Suitable 27,000
    1 3 1 Moderate (20-30 t/ha) Tolerant Sweet Sweet Mealy Late (>18 months) Available Long-term (above 1 year) Low Suitable 27,000

For clogit to work, I tried select choice set as the grouping variable but stata shows it has more than one. I want to establish the attributes preferred by the respondents and later determine the willingness-to-pay and potentail demand, how do i proceed? I really need this help! Thank Stephen Angudubo

This forum is for test posts. Please ask in the General forum. For the sample data please consider using dataex from SSC.

Comment

Thank Friedrich

Comment

I tried to post the same but i don't get any help, is the format not correct?

Comment

Working...
        X