• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add date to a time series

Hi. Using Stata 13. I have a time series for example
    10Aug2015
    11Aug2015
    12Aug2015 etc.

I would like Stata to add 5 new dates to this series. How can I accomplish that? What command should I use?
    Thank you.

It's not clear what you mean by "add 5 new dates to this series". Do you mean you want to extend the series by 5 additional observations containing the 5 days following the final existing date? Or do you mean you have some gaps in the series you want to fill in? Or you want to add 5 observations containing the 5 days before the first day?

And I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you have other variables in your data besides the date: what values do you wish those to take on in the added observations?

The Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of each page gives good advice in sections 9-12 on how to pose questions that help the reader understand them well enough to give a useful answer.

Comment

William, I need to extend my series by 5 additional observations containing the 5 days following the final date. Sorry if my previous post was not clear.
      Thank you

Comment

Bill - I realize now that this was posted in the wrong place - it's in the "sandbox" forum, should be in the General forum where it will be noticed.

Comment

Working...
        X