Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generating one new variable from two variables

I have tried creating a new (7-point-scale) variable from two different ones.
    The command I have used is

Generate globalass_6m = 1 if x2_overallhow==1 | x3_overallhow==1

However, I need to be able to do this from 1 to 7.

Can anyone help?
    Thank you.
    - M Floor

Welcome to Statalist. This forum is for test posts, please ask in the general forum. When you do so, please provide more information because your question isn't clear, especially the part where you write "I need to be able to do this from 1 to 7". That said, maybe this helps:
    Code:
    help replace
    I recommend reading the FAQ, it gives good advice on how to ask questions. The FAQ also mentions that "you are asked to post on Statalist using your full real name". You can change your name by clicking on “Contact us” in the lower right corner of this page.

Comment

pescadf runs the t-test for unit roots in heterogenous panels with cross-section dependence, proposed by Pesaran (2003).xtcips estimates the CIPS test for unit roots in heterogeneous panels developed by Pesaran (2007; Section 4, p. 275-279). is there a difference in these two tests? would Hadri test be good too for heterogenous panels with cross section dependence? the data being examined are developing countries from different regions in the world. can someone help me with this issue?

Comment

This forum is for test posts. Please ask in the general forum and start a new topic. Before you post a question, please read the FAQ.

Comment

Working...
        X